Successful candidates must have English language (essential), live in Ottawa and must have experience with payroll and non-profit reporting.
The bookkeeper is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports for Torah Day School of Ottawa. The bookkeeper provides financial support to the Treasurer through bookkeeping, banking and reporting services. The bookkeeper maintains all necessary and appropriate records, files and processes to ensure the smooth and compliant financial operation of the organization, focusing on accuracy and transparency. This position reports to the Head of School.
• Prepare General ledger and supporting accounts with Quickbooks electronic accounting system
• Prepare accounts payable files and process cheques for signing and distribution
• Records all revenues including, tuition fees, donations, fundraising revenue, rentals, and grants.
• Reconcile all accounts and prepare financial statements, including balance sheet, revenue, expenditure and performance to the budget, variance, and cash flow.
• Process regular payroll and maintain all payroll and benefits records
• Maintain financial records and filing.
• Monitor cash and cash management
• Prepare monthly financial statements, HST returns, year end reports and audit documentation
• Process regular payroll via direct deposit and manual cheques
• Responsible for remittance of RRSP and benefits plan payments
• Maintain record of staff sick days and personal days (move from general heading)
• Maintain payroll files of employees
• Other related duties that may be required from time to time to manage the financial affairs of Torah Day School.
• Prepare Annual Charitable Return
• Prepare and distribute charitable receipts
• Maintain record of staff sick days and personal days related to payroll
• Manage health plan and RRSP plan provided to school-related employees
• Attend fundraising events to assist with the financial activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong computer skills including Excel and Quickbooks
• Complete and expert understanding of all accounting principles and standards for not for profit organizations in Ontario
Employment Status: Part time, 12-16 hours/week.
Conditions of employment: Vacations to be coordinated with Head of School.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 3-5 years of experience.